Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The BIG U/S!

No, we did not find out the sex.  Now that the big question is answered, on to the fun stuff!  My teeny leetle Baby J:

"Shut it people, I'm trying to sleep!"

How ridiculously cute is that?  Okay, I'm biased.  The tech gave me an abundance of pictures, as well as a video, but I will not overwhelm you with more cuteness than one person should ever have to endure, mmkay?

Anyway, the important stuff... everything was measuring perfectly.  I was told that my baby has a perfectly shaped head, a strong heart, and nice spinal cord.  The face looked great, as did all of the other organs and apendages we were able to see.  The tech did get a look at the goods, but the answer to the big questions will not be revealed until June 25th-ish.  Well, that is, unless we get uber-curious and must know.  The answer lies in a sealed envelope in the doc's office.

In other news, my doctor also referred me to a urologist because I'm still have some pain in my kidneys.  Apparently, I have some sort of malfunction that can happen when you are pregnant.  Please do not ask me to repeat the name because I have no clue what it is called... hyrdo-narsomethinoranother, whatever.  It seems to be worse on the right side, which is funny because most of my pain is on the left side.  I likened it to being kicked in the kidney by a steel-toed boot.  No fun.

But you know what is fun?  My precious doctor suggested that I relieve some of the pain by having a prenatal massage.  I love that woman.  J is all for it.  He said whatever keeps his baby (the child, not me) fat and happy.  Yes, he said fat.  I assume that is not in reference to the weight that I have gained.  The nurse said that overall I had only gained 11 lbs so far.  I'm not sure how they chose their baseline, but methinks their calculations are off.  However, 11 seems acceptable, so we will go with that. 

Maybe J praised the idea of the massage because I had just shot him a dirty look for calling me his "cute little buddha."  Hmmm....

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful baby you have growing inside you love!! I'm so glad your appointment went well! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I would like to go on the record and guess it's a boy! :)

    ReplyDelete