Friday, January 15, 2010

17 weeks today!

For some reason, I am always extremely nervous about doctor's appointments.  The one Wednesday was no different, but as always she said everything looked great!  The baby's heartbeat was 157.  The only odd thing was that she said I had lost 3 pounds.  Umexcusemedowhatnow???  How is that?  My scales were a total of SIX pounds off, on the heavier side, than hers!  I guess I should go by what hers said?

So now she is concerned, J is concerned, my mother is concerned... and I am befuddled.  How in the world did that happen?  And what is wrong with my scales, as they are still six pounds higher than hers???  Color me confused.

Anyway, my lovely family is now stuffing food down my throat and constantly checking up on me.  Fun times, I tell ya.    Well, it has been a while, so here is a new quiz for your entertainment:

How far along?: 17 weeks.

Total weight gain: According to the doc’s scales, I have gained 8 pounds; however, according to my scales I have gained 15. Go figure.

How big is baby?: the size of an onion

Maternity clothes?: Still just my Bella Band.

Stretch marks?: Nope.

Sleep?: Hasn’t been as great as it once was. Some nights I am practically in a coma, other nights I don’t get much sleep at all.

Best moment this week?: Hearing the baby’s hearbeat!

Movement?: Ummm, not sure? I think maybe I’m feeling some flutters, but nothing definite.

Food cravings?: Cheesecake and orange juice (which I have always despised).

Gender?: I’m still thinking boy, but I’m not as confident as I once was.

Labor signs?: Nope.

Belly button in or out?: In, but it oddly seems to be expanding. Twilight zone shizz.

What I miss: I still miss my red wine.


What I'm looking forward to: The big u/s on Feb. 10th! Although, I think we have decided to NOT find out the sex.


Milestone: Not sure if it is a milestone, but even my jeans won’t button now. The Bella Band is needed daily… unless I choose not to get out of my pajamas one day, but of course I would never do that :)

Weekly Wisdom: Let people take care of you. Not that you need it or are taking advantage, but give yourself a break every once in a while.

1 comment: