Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Nursery Ideas- blue can be girly, right?

The battle rages on, folks.  To find out or to not find out?  I'm finding that most people are extremely opinionated about this subject.  I could go either way, I guess, but I prefer not to find out.  J would like to know, but he is also a bit intrigued by the element of surprise... oh, and being able to announce "he's got nuts" or something to that effect.

But I digress.  This one simple question has presented one major obstacle.  What to do with the nursery?  Currently, it is a very neutral sage green.  I went through a stage where I hated it, but more than I hate it I definitely DO NOT want J to have to repaint it.

So, with the help of my lovely mother and my best friend, I have scoured many fabric sites to find something that would blend well.  And truthfully, there is just not much out there that has jumped out at me.  Well, with the exception of all the pink and green combinations, and purple.  Not gender neutral, I know.

So, I FINALLY found something that I thought was very cute and could work for either a boy or a girl...






http://www.nurseryfabrics.com/

I ordered the swatches and ripped into the package with sheer excitement.  Yes, well, those seemingly yellow stripes and dots are actually a puke green, the green stripes are more of an aqua, and the green with the white scroll is more of the sage green.  All in all, none of it worked.  Back to the drawing board.

But hope is not lost!  Yesterday, I stumbled upon (and ordered swatches) of these little gems...


I learned my lesson the first time about the green, so I'm not getting my hopes up.  Also, I realize that in a green room, a lot more green will be overkill.  So, we are going for something like this...


I'm not a HUGE fan of the big blue dots, so we will see what it looks like.  Also, the big blue dots and the stripe patterns both have a touch of green in them.  I realize that the blue with white dots is not included.  That may be incorporated in to some other detail of the room, such as pillows or something.

And since we are on the subject, here is the furniture that we have picked out- and our parents have graciously offered to pay for...



It is quite difficult to imagine how all of this will come together.  I will definitely keep you updated, though!

1 comment:

  1. I am LOVING your color scheme! It will be beautiful for a girl or a boy. And the furniture is perfect.

    ReplyDelete