Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I'm trapped in a glass case of emotion

And I'm about to buy myself a one way ticket to the crazy house.  I can call it that because I've had relatives there, y'all... more on that later, maybe.

Anyway, I just don't feel quite right.  For example, I can breathe.  Most people don't see this as a problem, in fact they appreciate it.  However, I am cursing my body because I have a feeling it means that my baby has dropped a little more.  No more heartburn, no more feeling like I am going to explode after eating just one cupcake- because really, who eats just ONE cupcake?

I'm also pretty swollen today.  My rings were very difficult to get off when I got up this morning and my shoes were hard to get on.  The scale showed that I have gained 7 pounds in like 3 days.  Okay, so maybe this has more to do with the fact that I ate Chinese food last night and I'm retaining water like a sonofabitch?  Details.  Whatever.

So, I'm anxious.  Methinks there is a possibility that the doc may decide I need to stay off of my feet to help ensure that the leetle one doesn't make his debut too early.  And it scares the hell out of me to think about what happens if he does.  Will he be healthy?  Will he have to stay in the hospital long?  Because we live an hour away from the hospital and that would be pure torture.  I will do anything I can to keep my baby safe and healthy, even if I have to be on bed rest until my due date, June 25th.  But, I digress...

(Sorry, but does that phrase now make you think of the FedEx presentation commercial?  It makes me laugh!  Now back to me.)

As I was saying, I just don't feel good.  My hips hurt, I'm not sleeping as well, and I pretty much feel like I've been kicked in the crotch.  Something just doesn't feel right, so now to top it off I have this foreboding sense of being put on bed rest for at least the next three weeks.

And finally, as if my child's health and my finances weren't enough... because let's face it, I would not work another day at this job if it weren't for money... I'm also staring graduation dead in the eye and knowing that if I am put on bed rest that I can kiss my MBA goodbye for at least another 7 months.  And all I have to do is finish this one class that lasts 7 weeks in the summer.  What a pisser.

The appointment is in 23ish hours.  Keep your fingers crossed for a healthy baby and no bed rest!  Or else I swear I will update you every day on the latest happenings of the Jerry Springer show and Montel Williams.  Hmmm, do those even come on anymore?  But I digress...  ::gigglesnort:: 

Looney bin, y'all.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can keep that baby in there a little longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping and praying baby J stays put. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete