Friday, June 11, 2010

T minus 10 days, y'all!

Or something like that.  I guess it just depends.  Maybe I should explain.

I had my regular appointment on Wednesday.  It was VERY interesting.  First, I was told that I am 2cm dilated, 70% effaced, and baby is still at -2 station.  Good news, I am progressing!

Then my doctor asked me if we had discussed induction.  You are probably thinking, just as I was, "ummm, no, why?"  My swelling is out of control.  But my blood pressure is still fairly normal, so I didn't understand why we would discuss it.  She said that she believed with the swelling that my BP would continue to go up, so she scheduled me for induction on June 21st.  Holy shit.  That is only 10 days from today. 

I really, REALLY wanted to have that experience of going into labor naturally, but it is nice to know that there is a definite end in sight.  And more importantly, OUR BABY WILL BE HERE IN A LITTLE OVER A WEEK!!! 

I guess I just have mixed feelings about everything.  If my body wasn't already making progress, I would not have agreed to the induction.  And let's not forget that because my body is making progress, that Baby Jackson may decide to make the big debut before the 21st.

Want to know what I don't have mixed feelings about?  Tuesday being my last day of work!  Yippee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment