Friday, October 23, 2009

My husband is lucky to be alive

Because I almost killed him at 12:15 this morning.  We went out with some friends to a Mexican restaurant last night for J's birthday.  Now let me just say, being that it was his birthday I gave him a hell of a lot of slack.  And yes, he hung himself.  Good God.  The beer and tequilla were flowing, and there I sat faking illness because I could not partake in the festivities.  Can I just tell you how much it sucks to be with eight other people who are drinking when you can't?  It sucks.  And my husband is the most obnoxious drunk EVER.

I did not eat at the restaurant.  I didn't want to go in the first place, but I sucked it up and went for his sake.  It wasn't all bad, but I had no intention of sitting there for three hours, which we did.  Then J got more obnoxious when we got home.  He laid down on the living room floor and "went to sleep."  Yes, he passed out.  Thankfully.

Then at 11:30 he decided to get in the bed with me.  After 45 minutes of listening to him snore, I lost it.  I became a screaming banshe.  Yep, I was screaming at this drunk man at 12:15am.  I was so tired, all I wanted was to sleep.  Finally, I grabbed my pillow and went to the guest room. 

Then, I realized I was hungry.  Luckily, there were leftover meatballs in the fridge.  And oh my, they were fantastic.  Just what I needed.  Unfortunately, it wasn't quite so easy to go back to sleep. 

So here I sit today at my desk with a massive headache, still hungry, and exhausted.  My husband is lucky to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment