Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tired of the drama

Why can't people just get along and play nice?  I mean, I'm a bitch by nature, but come on people!  An acquaintance from high school recently lost her baby during labor after she carried him for 40 weeks.  I can not fathom how utterly horrific that must be for her and her family.  Since then, she has been diagnosed with pharyngeal cancer.  As if all of this wasn't enough, her cousin is now accusing her of A. faking her pregnancy, B. faking cancer, C. killing her baby if she was actually pregnant.  I have to wonder why.  What could this girl, who is going through so much right now, have possibly done to deserve this?  The cousin even went as far as to set up a Facebook account in the name of an old classmate, request friends, then post a photoalbum with pictures captioned calling the girl a slut, trash, and even going as far as to say that it was a blessing her baby died.

And for what?  What does it take to open someone's eyes and make them realize that life is too short?  If someone hurts you and your relationship is beyond repair, cut them out.  It seems like it should be so simple.  There are barely words to describe how I felt about reading those comments on Facebook.  I know that I could never be as vile and disgusting as the person who wrote them.

Drama is just way too exhausting.  I think I will go enjoy a drama-free weekend!  Today is my Friday, and I plan on making the most of my long weekend.  Oh, and did I mention that I'm testing on Monday?  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment