Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Apparently, I am not Spiderman

Everything is annoying me lately.  J got out of the shower last night and the smell of the soap annoyed me (because it didn't smell right).  I made shrimp creole last night and it was gritty because J didn't get all of the veins out.  Oh come on, you would be annoyed by that, too.  And now I am annoyed because I am supposed to be going out with my friends tonight.  It isn't that I don't want to go, but because I'm in such a pissy mood and I feel gross.

Part of the reason I feel gross is because of the weight gain.  Yep, you read correctly.  I will be six weeks on Friday and I have already put on 3 lbs.  It isn't the number that bothers me, just the fact that I feel a bit pudgy and my clothes are a little tighter.  This feeling is further exaggerated by the following situation, which occured yesterday:

I was having a nice lunch with my co-workers when someone came into the office.  Nice person that I am, I let everyone else eat and I went to help the person.  Five minutes later, lunch resumed.  After lunch, the woman that I work most closely with (and a pretty good friend) said that another one of the women asked her if I was pregnant.  She literally waited until I walked out of the room and asked IN FRONT OF EVERYONE ELSE.  Two things piss me off about this: 1. She purposefully waited until I left the room.  2.  She didn't pull anyone to the side, she put it out there for everyone to hear.  This could affect my job, not to mention my sanity.

I have always been on the lean side and realize that I've put on a few pounds.  But seriously, it isn't that noticable.  So I have no clue what led her to this conclusion.  I really want to tell her IN FRONT OF EVERYONE to stop acting like a high school gossip queen and mind her own fucking business, but I'm not ready to out myself to everyone yet for the aforementioned reasons.  Alas, I shall sit back and stew over it.  My time will come.

Anyway, all of that aside.  I'm sitting at my desk trying to figure out what to do about tonight.  Maybe I can go buy a cheap and more comfortable outfit and still go tonight?  Then, what to do about my husband?  I can't tell him not to use soap.  I can't make him pay more attention to what he is doing.  I give up!  He told me that I am pregnant and that I do not have spidey-senses and that I need to get over it.  Boy, it is going to be a loooonnng eight more months for him!

1 comment:

  1. I totally 100% understand. You actually do have spidey senses in a way. James popped some popcorn one night & I honestly thought I was gonna die if the smell didn't go away. His soap has been bothering me, among other things. I just forced my way through the soap isle, smelling all of them & finally deciding on one I could live with.

    I'm sorry about the lady at work, that sucks. I hope she learns to mind her own business.

    ReplyDelete