Monday, November 16, 2009

Lazy Weekends

Football season is so hectic.  During the rest of the year, I completely take for granted how wonderful it can be to stay home on the weekends.  This weekend was the ultimate in relaxation, and much needed.  If you can believe it, I only did a grand total of an hour and a half of schoolwork!  Yay!  I'm probably going to pay for it later, but whatever.

J and I are doing some remodeling to our centuries old cave.  Okay, it isn't as bad as I make it out to be, and it is only about 50 years old, but it was pretty neglected and a LOT of work is going into it to make it more suitable for living.  The master bedroom and guest bedroom were done over the last two years, as well as the guest bath.  Right now we are working on the master bath and our ginormous closet.  All of my clothes are currently housed on the guest bed, making it nearly impossible to function.  Oh well!

Next will be the kitchen.  A huge task to undertake, and J is on a time limit.  I think I must be crazy to allow him to gut the kitchen while I am pregnant, but if we don't do it now we may never do it.  Right?

So, J worked on that element of the house, and I did housework.  Oh yeah, and I cooked.  I made a fantastic casserole that made two meals, banana nut muffins, oatmeal cookies, and chocolate chip cookies.  Yum! 

Next on my agenda, concealed weapons course.  No, I am not kidding in the least.  Of course, I will be checking with my doc first.  Speaking of which, my first appointment and ultrasound are in less than 48 hours!  I am SO scared and SO excited at the same time!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment