Thursday, March 18, 2010

99 days and a lesson in mommyhood

Down to double digits.  I am very pleased and yet sad to be able to say that.  Yesterday, Little J was moving around and I could actually see it from the outside, just slight movements.  And then a whopping big kick when I started laughing.  Seeing that baby move is nothing short of miraculous.  And yet, it made me a little sad.  I am so curious and excited to meet him or her, but I now know exactly how much I am going to miss these movements and little kicks.  I am going to miss this time that I have my baby all to myself to enjoy and laugh with.  Only 99 more days....

I have also realized that gone are the days of it being just me, J, and Duke.  Everything has already changed.  This little one must be thought of in every decision we make.  So how exactly did I learn this lesson?  I went to bed last night around my same time, 9pm and yes I know those days are coming to an end (99 days, duh).  The phone rang, waking me from the deepest of sleeps, at approximately 10:40pm.  I was furious!  Not only because I had been startled from my sleep, but so had Little J.  Oh yes.  That baby kicked for probably about the next hour.  Undoubtedly, because we had both been woken up and are both incredibly grumpy when woken.  The baby isn't here yet, and already we are learning so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment