Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Last appointment in 2nd Tri

Aaaaahhhhh!!!  Where the hell is the time going?  Someone please remind me to breathe.  I think I have been so focused on schoolwork that I have lost track of time.  I did finish my research project, though!

My appointment today was pretty uneventful, which is a good thing.  The doctor was running extremely late and kept me waiting for about 45 minutes.  Oh well, what can you do?  It did kind of irritate me that she just zoomed in and tried really hard to zoom out.  Sorry sista, I gots questions.

Anyway, I'm still measuring on time and the baby's heart rate was 148.  And for the first time EVAH, my weight was right where it needed to be... bring on the chocolate! 

Hershey Hugs and Reese Cups... my flavors of the month

But as I mentioned, I did have some questions.  Like, what the hell is up with my belly button?  Not because it is getting flat, but because after 5 or so months of not have a belly ring it has decided to become somewhat infected (not in a scary gross way, just annoying).  Also, why do my upper legs feel like I've run a marathon by the time I get home every day.  I knew the answer to that one, just thought I'd throw it out there.  And can the baby reach my ribs yet?  Because I think he broke one last night.

I know, none of that was really important.  However, I should get more than just a 30 second drive by after I've been waiting for 45 minutes, right?  Maybe?  No?  Am I gaining a false sense of entitlement?  Meh, whatever.

Next appointment is in three weeks instead of the usual four since my doc will be out of town.  Oh, and I get to drink the sensational glucola drink that I've heard so much about *feigns excitement*  

I will have the pleasure of savoring the deliciousness of the fruit punch glucola drink.

On second thought, maybe I should hold off on those Hugs and Reese Cups....

2 comments:

  1. Uh YA you should have a sense of entitlement! That Dr. should give you all the time you need to ask whatever questions you may have!

    I'm so glad to hear the baby is doing well.. and that drink does not sound tasty at ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I drank yesterday, it's actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be.
    I failed my test though,just barely but now I have to go back for the 3 hour one. My dr. said "don't be suprised if you fail, I set my pass rate really low so that I catch all of the borderline cases."
    So I fail by a smidge & now I have to go waste 3 hours...lame
    I hope you pass yours!
    They told me it was okay to eat breakfast but I think my sugary chocolate milk did me in. lol so dont' make my mistake!

    ReplyDelete