Wednesday, December 16, 2009

First Trimester- Things I Hope I Always Remember

Forgive me, but this was kinda-sorta stolen from someone else's blog.  It was just so nice that I couldn't resist.

Things I Hope I Always Remember


1.  The nervousness and excitement that I felt the morning I saw the word "Pregnant" pop up on that Clear Blue Easy test.


2.  The way J laughed and hugged me when I told him he was going to be a Daddy.


3.  How hungry I was for the first few weeks- I'm not sure I have ever or will ever feel that way again!


4.  How good those absolutely-exhausted-sleep-like-the-dead naps felt.


5.  J stopping at five different fast food restaurants on the way home from Clemson at 10:00 in the morning because I HAD to have french fries and no one was serving lunch yet.


6.  Seeing my baby on the ultrasound for the first time.  It is a feeling that can still bring tears to my eyes.

7.  Telling our friends and family and enjoying the looks of shock and awe and pure joy.


8.  My Daddy questioning me about what I could eat, not letting me carry my own bags upstairs (even thought I was only 6 weeks), and calling my Mama while we were shopping to make sure I had eaten.


9.  J calling to tell me that HE had called and found us a day care.  He was so proud of himself, and I knew in that moment that he was a Daddy, and a damn good one.


10.  The sheer terror of not being able to find the baby's heartbeat and then the elation and relief of seeing it wiggle and kick away on the ultrasound monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment