Monday, December 14, 2009

I'm here to vent.

Plain and simple.  I have nothing good to say today, about anything.  Maybe I should go back and reread my post about being thankful.  But first, let me fill you in on what has been happening with me for the last few days.

The CEO of my company was in town Friday to take all of the employees in the area (all 8 of us) out to dinner.  It was that very same day that I found out I was getting a demotion and a $5,000 pay cut.  The demotion is not for anything I've done or haven't done, but simply because I don't have a property to manage right now.  I have been acting as an assistant for one property for a few months, so now it is permanent until we find something else.

This isn't really a huge deal.  It is happening all over the country, and I am not so special that this recession can't touch me.  The problem is how it was handled.  It seems that this was all put into motion back in August when work on the 2010 budget started.  The budget was approved in September.  Therefore, my boss has known about this for months and did not find it to be pertinent information to share with me.

My boss and my co-worker (now immediate supervisor) have been lying to me about my pay for four months.  I think I deserved a little better than that considering I've worked with them for six years.  And it isn't like this is some huge office.  As I mentioned, there are 8 of us.  Would it have really been a problem for them to tell me so that my husband and I could be a little more frugal with our money and prepare?

I accidentally stumbled upon this information on Friday.  In a state of shock, I caused a bit of a scene with my co-worker and told her I was leaving, which I did.  I was absolutely furious and I am positive that my blood pressure was through the roof.  I also chose this time to tell my boss that I'm pregnant.  She, in turn, was furious with my co-worker for not telling her... although it was none of her business.

My co-worker feels awful about the situation and takes full responsibility, although my boss told her not to tell me about the pay cut.  My boss was extremely unprofessional, rude, and downright classless about the whole situation.  She has never taken responsibility for anything in her life, and I didn't expect this to be any different.  To be completely honest, everyone we work with finds her to be a miserable person.  She is always talking about how she and her husband don't get along, and she comes to work in horrible moods and takes it out on everyone.

So what is the point in all of this?  I work with a bunch of assholes.  Bottom line.  My only saving grace is knowing that at the end of the day I will go home to a husband that loves me and our child, and I will soon finish with school and be able to tell all of them to fuck off.  They will be stuck with their pathetic lives and will be working for a pitiful company that will more than likely not be in business in a couple of years.

They can all suck it.  Anyone know of any good jobs in the Charleston area?

No comments:

Post a Comment