Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Introducing... Baby Jacks!

My sweet little squirmy baby...




J and I went today for our second appointment.  We had to wait forever, but it was totally worth it.

Right off the bat we had to sign paperwork agreeing to what we would be paying the doc's office. It wasn't too bad, but if I lose my job we are screwed because my deductible will go from $2000 to $5000 (because it would be me and J on his plan).
Anyway, my doc was running late because she had an emergency at the hospital.  When she did come in she gave me a lecture, a nice one, on the immediate need to eliminate stress. I didn't mention this before because I wasn't sure what it was, but she thinks that (based on my description) I have experienced a couple of contractions. This is obviously not good at 13 weeks. She asked if I wanted medication to deal with my anxiety, but I turned it down. She asked if there was anything she could do and even mentioned me quitting my job, which I don't think is going to be an option. Of course, I cried through most of this conversation. Not sobbing, but just teary-ish.
She then brought in the doppler to hear the baby's heartbeat. She told me that because of the position she may not be able to find it, and not to stress over it. Haha. When she couldn't find it, the waterworks started again. The battery in the doppler started dying so she said screw it, let's do an ultrasound.
I was really scared, but at the same time knew it was somewhat normal. The tech found the baby right away and the first thing he did was kick the shit out of me. J and I both laughed, and I immediately felt better. And, you guessed it, I cried again.  The baby wouldn't stop wiggling, and the tech said it was no wonder the doc couldn't find the heartbeat!
 
So there you have it.  My baby is  happy and active!  And I could not be happier... or less stressed.

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!! aww, what a awesome picture. I'm so happy for you love!

    ReplyDelete