Monday, April 5, 2010

I can't wait!

Lately, I find myself saying "I can't wait" about something child related almost every day.  For example:
  • I can't wait to see my baby.
  • I can't wait to find out if it is a boy or a girl.
  • I can't wait to buy cute little outfits and spend a ridiculous amount of money on said outfits.
  • I can't wait until maternity leave.
  • I can't wait until our first Christmas with the baby.
  • I can't wait until I can sleep through the night.
  • I can't wait until I can fit into my old clothes.
  • I can't wait to rock my baby to sleep.
  • I can't wait until I can enjoy a glass of wine with my husband.
This list could go on forever.  And each time I think or say these things, I have to remind myself to slow down.  Yes, those things will be great.  And eventually I will do each one of them.

But for today, in this moment, I need to remember to enjoy it.  I need to remember to enjoy these last few weeks that I have left.  And I guess I will conclude this post with my list of Things I Hope I Always Remember (2nd Trimester).
  • The first baby kicks.
  • The first time J felt the baby kick.  And yes, he laughed.
  • How scary it was having those first pains from the kidney stone and being more worried for my child than I was for myself.  And feeling like I would rather deal with the pain than hear my baby's heart rate drop because of the drugs.
  • How amazing my husband was and how calm he was when I was hurting so badly and when we were in the hospital.  He held my hand the whole time and even took me to the bathroom because I was so drugged that I couldn't go by myself.
  • Seeing our baby at the 20 week ultrasound and finding out that s/he was healthy and growing perfectly.  And how hard it was to tell them that we did not want to find out the sex!
  • Watching my belly get larger each week and seeing how my husband just adores it.
  • My mom crying the first time she felt the baby kick.
  • Duke laying his head on my belly every night before bed.
  • Being startled because the baby kicked me so hard in the ribs that it made me jump.
  • Feeling like the baby was trying to climb out of my throat.
  • Getting my first "stranger comments" because I finally looked pregnant.
Every moment of this pregnancy has been a blessing.  I consider us to be extremely fortunate and I do not ever want to look back and feel that I took one minute for granted.

2 comments:

  1. hi! i'm a new follower!
    this post is soo true. it gets even worse when they're here. you can't wait until they sleep through the night, until they crawl, etc etc. it is good to remember to slow down!

    ReplyDelete