Monday, April 19, 2010

I have friends, cameras aren't one of them

I have decided that I like showers, and I dislike cameras.  Methinks I look like a whale in most pictures.  That is fine, of course, but I just wish I was one of those cute pregnant girls (like my friend Pippy).  Instead, I get the skin of a 13 year old and a tank ass.  And I don't mean tank ass in a good way.

So I walk in the front door of my cousin's house and she says, "Wow, look at you!"  And I immdiately look down at my belly and say something along the lines of "thanks" or "I know."  I'm not really sure what I said.  And she replies, "Thaaat's not what I was referring to."  Yes, the girls are huge.  I know.

Although I was utterly exhausted before I even managed to set foot inside the door, the day was wonderful.  I have a great family and they really did too much.  Baby Jacks was greatly celebrated and came home with some very nice gifts, including a handmade afghan from my brother's girlfriend.  I was seriously impressed.  The girl took time out of doing research for her PhD to learn how to knit from a book.  I wish I had that kind of initiative.  Oh well, maybe in my next lifetime.

Because I am usually so slack with pictures, I was determined to do better even though it made me late for work this morning... and I'm obviously getting a lot accomplished since I'm blogging, right? 
Me with my lovely Mama

30 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh you look so beautiful Ashley! I'm so glad to hear you had a good time at your shower! Your outfit was super cute :)

    ReplyDelete