Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The wait is over!

Because I know y'all have just been waiting on pins & needles, right?  In my world, y'all are all nodding your heads with great enthusiasm.

The patient educator from my doctor's office called me at 5:30 yesterday evening.  Now, anytime the patient educator calls, it is not a good sign.  Usually, it is because she needs to set an appointment to sit down and chat with you... about your diabeetus and what not.

Imagine my surprise when she non-chalantly said, "You passed."  Do-huh?  Apparently, my numbers were great.  So I immediately called my mama and ordered up this:
(minus the oranges and such)

for her to bring with her this weekend.  "This" is actually out of the Southern Living Christmas 2009 magazine and is listed as a Chocolate-Citrus Cake with Candied Oranges (http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1940908

We are purists when it comes to chocolate and prefer not to mix it with citrus, hence the negation of the oranges and such.  So basically, it is just chocolate and more chocolate (ganache).  But who doesn't like that? 

I plan to eat as much as I possibly can, but I also have to save room for the goodies that will be served Saturday at my shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment