Thursday, April 29, 2010

I have an impatient child

Sooo, it looks like Little J is no longer completely content with staying in Mama's ute.  That is pretty much what the doctor said yesterday.  Okay, maybe not in those exact words, but you get the idea.

Currently, my cervix is about 20% thinned and the baby is at a -3.  I wasn't exactly sure what that -3 meant, so my lovely friend Tarra googled it for me- and subsequently scared the hell out of me.  Here is what she found:

Okay, so now that we are all schooled let's move on to what this means.  The long and short of it is that the doctor does not think Little J is wanting to wait till the end of June.  In fact, I believe what she said was, "our goal is to make it through May."

That just cut my wait time in half, y'all*.  Seriously.  Poor J is freaked out.  The good news is that she did not put me on bed rest or pelvic rest, but she does want to see me again next week.  Until then, I guess it is business as usual!

*It is still possible that I may make it to full term.  Keep your fingers crossed for us!

2 comments:

  1. Yes you have an impatient child! He/she just wants to come out and meet their parents already! hehe.

    Saying lots of prayers that you make it to full term :)

    ReplyDelete